The Correlation Network is organising the European Correlation Conference 'Getting out of the margins in Europe – changing realities and making the difference', to be held on 12-14 December 2011 in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
The Conference will be co-hosted by the Pompidou Group of the Council of Europe and will be organised under the patronage of the Slovenian Ministry of Health. The programme includes high level policy plenary and major discussions as well as abstract driven sessions and skills building workshops.
The conference will focus on methodology and strategies, which improve the health and social situation of vulnerable groups – such as drug user, sex worker, young people at risk, migrants and MSM.
- To facilitate the exchange of information and knowledge between practitioners, researchers, community members and policy makers
- To present and promote innovative and good practice examples, partly developed within the framework of Correlation
- To build capacities among practitioners, researchers, community members and policy makers
- To initiate collaboration and networking between practitioners, researchers, community members and policy makers
Key issues covered:
- HIV/Aids and Hepatitis C among marginalised groups
- Harm reduction responses
- Peer Involvement and Peer Support
- Outreach and Early Interventions
- E-health outreach strategies
- Civil society involvement
- Policy issues
For more information, visit the conference website.
Keep up-to-date with drug policy developments by subscribing to the IDPC Monthly Alert.