Les dates pour la Soixante-deuxième séance de la Commission sur les stupéfiants à Vienne sont : du 18 au 22 mars 2019. L’Examen ministériel de haut-niveau devrait la précéder, du 14 au 25 mars 2019. Pour en savoir plus, en anglais, veuillez lire les informations ci-dessous.
The CND Blog will also provide near real-time updates on the plenary session and selected side events. You can also follow IDPC twitter which will provide live updates on key events, or follow the hashtags #CND2019 / #CND62.
IDPC's CND Digest
If you would like to receive targeted updates about these meetings, please message Samantha Singh with your name and organisational affiliation.
The CND 62 and 2019 Ministerial Segment: Key issues and opportunities webinar series will shed light on the key controversies that are likely to structure the debates, discuss tabled resolutions and opportunities for engagement, and showcase the experience of IDPC network members in navigating and leveraging this forum for political advocacy.
A video introduction to the Commission's functioning and mechanisms of engagement is also available.
IDPC Side events
The IDPC Secretariat is involved in co-organising a series of side events during the Ministerial Segment and 62nd CND session:
Thursday, 14th March
- The contribution of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria to the achievement of the mutually reinforcing commitments made by the international community in the 2016 UNGASS outcome document and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (English and French): 13:10-15:00 | M3 | France, Ivory Coast, Global Fund, French civil society platform on international drug policies (incl. AIDES, Fédération Addiction, IDPC), WHO.
- The complexity of the drug problem and the need to update national legislation: 13:30-15:00 | M6 | Mexico, Netherlands, IDPC.
Monday, 18th March
- A decade of drug policy and harm reduction across Asia: How far have we come?: 9:00-9:50 | MOE100 | ANPUD, Frontline AIDS, IDPC, LBH Masyarakat.
- Réformes des politiques et lois sur les drogues en Afrique de l’Ouest (FRA): 13:30-14:00 | M6 | Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, INPUD, GCDP, IDPC, MdM, UNODC.
Tuesday, 19th March
- Leaving no one behind: People at the centre of a harm reduction, human rights, and public health approach to drug use: 13:30-15:00 | MBR-A | AFEW international, Aidsfonds, Frontline AIDS, HRI, IDPC, INPUD, UNAIDS, UNDP, UNODC, WHO.
Wednesday, 20th March
- Civil society on member state delegations to the CND: Models for engagement, benefits and lessons learned: 9:00-9:50 | M6 | Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, CDPC, CDPE, IDPC, NZ Drug Foundation.
- Women, incarceration and drug policy: Specific vulnerabilities that call for focused responses: 9:00-9:50 | M7 | CELS, IDPC, LBH Masyarakat, NoBox Transitions, EHRA, WHRIN, WOLA.
- Aligning data collection with UNGASS implementation & the Sustainable Development Goals: Recommendations for a review of the Annual Report Questionnaire: 13:10-14:00 | M6 | Canada, Mexico, Switzerland, CDPE, GCDP, GDPO, IDPC.
Thursday, 21st March
- Criminalization and persecution vs. health and development: The path forward: 9:00-9:50 | M2 | ATS, CEDD, Elementa, FES Colombia, IDPC, Instituto RIA, OCCDI.
Within the framework of the Global Partnership on Drug Policies and Development (GPDPD), the CND App has been developed to facilitate navigating and engaging with the debates at the CND. This mobile application will help you track live what is happening, and where, at the CND, receive notifications on key events, resolutions and speakers, and access UN-agreed language on specific drug policy issues. For an optimal experience, please download the app from the Apple or Android store. Alternatively, you can access the app's functionalities with your browser at http://cndapp.org/.