El 59 Periodo de sesiones de la Comisión de Estupefacientes, así como también la sesión preparatoria para la UNGASS, tendrán lugar del 14 al 22 de marzo de 2016 en Viena, Austria. Más información, en inglés, está disponible abajo.
Suscríbase a las Alertas mensuales del IDPC para recibir información sobre cuestiones relacionadas con políticas sobre drogas.
The 59th Session of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs (CND), along with its UNGASS Preparatory Session will take place from 14th to 22nd March 2016 in Vienna, Austria. The CND meets each year to discuss the global state of drug control and adopt resolutions to guide the way forward.
The official documentation on the CND will soon be available here, including:
Information for participants
Side Events at the 59th Session of CND in 2016
Side events are held every year during the sessions of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs. These events are organised by Member States, UNODC or civil society organizations. Below is a draft agenda of official side events which will be held in March:
Side Events co-organised by IDPC
Monday 14th March
Tuesday, 15th March
Thursday 17 March
Friday 18 March
Informal NGO dialogues
Every year, the VNGOC organises informal dialogues with the heads of UNODC and the INCB:
- Informal dialogue with the INCB President: 17th March, 10:00 to 10:50 in Conference Room M3
- Informal dialogue with the UNODC Executive Director: 17th March, 11:00 to 12:00 in Conference Room M3
Key documents for the CND
In preparation for the CND, we recommend that you visit the following tools:
- The CND Blog: Follow the debates and negotiations at the CND and on the UNGASS at the UN level as they unfold by visiting the CND Blog!
- The e-Book of Authorities: This online tool is a compilation of UN agreed language on key topics of contention at UN level to support negotiations, debates and discussions on drug control at UN level.
- The CND proceedings document for 2015: This is a detailed analysis of last year's CND published by IDPC, providing a discussion of the key debates and points of contention on global drug policy.
Keep up-to-date with drug policy developments by subscribing to the IDPC Monthly Alert.