El IDPC busca un nuevo miembro de su secretariado. Se busca una persona para integrar nuestro pequeño equipo y apoyar nuestro trabajo en materia de políticas de droga en Asia. Favor enviar su candidatura antes del 12 de septiembre. Más información, en inglés, está disponible abajo.
Suscríbase a las Alertas mensuales del IDPC para recibir información sobre cuestiones relacionadas con políticas sobre drogas.
Full-time position based in Bangkok, Thailand
Salary: USD 1,800 per month
6 months fixed term contract (with possibility of extension, budget allowing)
The International Drug Policy Consortium (IDPC) is a global network of NGOs and professional networks that aims to promote objective and open debate on the effectiveness, direction and content of drug policies at national and international level, and supports evidence-based policies that are effective in reducing drug-related harm. We have over 150 member organisations worldwide and extensive communication and contacts with a range of experts in the field. The IDPC Secretariat is based in London with a smaller office in Bangkok.
The IDPC office in Bangkok is looking to appoint a Policy Support Officer to provide support to the IDPC regional work programme in Asia.
The successful candidate will support IDPC’s Senior Policy Officer in delivering a diverse programme that includes networking facilitation amongst IDPC members in the region, communications, administration, policy research and analysis, and advocacy capacity-building work. We are planning to extend our work from primarily Southeast Asia to South Asia, as well as to the legal and criminal justice sectors.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, flexible, capable of working both independently and as part of a team, and will possess a willingness to combine administrative/support work with policy research, advocacy and other tasks requiring more autonomy and creativity.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience and/or interest in issues relating to human rights, public health, HIV/AIDS and harm reduction, development and law reform as it relates to drug policy in Asia
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent spoken and written English and Thai language skills
- Excellent interpersonal, representational and communications skills, especially in developing and sustaining relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Good organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrable administration skills with experience of managing budgets and financial reporting
- Strong capabilities in policy research, analysis, writing and advocacy
- Experience working on strategic social media communications
- Fluency in another language of Southeast Asia, such as Burmese or Indonesian Bahasa
Please note that we can only accept applications from individuals who already have the right to live and work in Thailand.
The full job description is available below.
If you wish to apply for this post, please complete the application form below and send it to email@example.com by 5:00 pm (Bangkok time) on Monday 12th September 2016. It is expected that interviews will be held around 21st September, with a starting date in early to mid-October.
Keep up-to-date with drug policy developments by subscribing to the IDPC Monthly Alert.