From 12th to 16th March 2012, the Commission on Narcotic Drugs (CND) will gather in Vienna, Austria, to discuss the international drug situation and the implementation of the UN drug control conventions. This webpage will be updated regularly to provide updates on the CND meeting.
Agenda and official documents
- Click here to download the preliminary agenda of the CND.
- Click here to download official CND reports, conference room papers, udpates on side events and information for participants.
- Click here to access information on the resolutions that will be presented during the meeting.
- IDPC NGO Guide on the 55th Session of the CND - Provides information on the CND programme and resolutions, practical information on the CND and civil society involvement in the debates, and details on IDPC activities.
- Briefing for NGOs and CSOs from the Vienna NGO Committee on Drugs (VNGOC)
There is an NGO lounge where NGOs can meet and work together. This lounge is equipped with a PC, internet connection, Wi-Fi, and a projector for PowerPoint presentations. Every morning at 9:00, the VGNOC will hold an NGO briefing meeting, where information will be provided about the day’s events and NGO activities can be coordinated. This is a useful way to catch up on the latest news and plans for the day. The VNGOC will also make available a list to coordinate the involvement of NGO participants wishing to speak at the Plenary.
IDPC published a Media Information Resource Pack last year. The pack provides information and background resources on key issues related to the UN drug control system.