The purpose of the Commission is to bring to the international level an informed, science-based discussion about humane and effective ways to reduce the harm caused by drugs to people and society.
A series of background papers have been published to support the work of the Commission:
- Demand reduction and harm reduction
- Drug policy, criminal justice and mass imprisonment
- Assessing supply-side policy and practice: Eradication and alternative development
- The development of international drug control: Lessons learned and strategic challenges for the future
- Drug policy: Lessons learned and options for the future
- The drug trade: The politicisation of criminals and the criminalisation of politicians