The 2011 Conference, organised by Intercambios and CUPIHD, will be an opportunity to follow up on progress achieved through the first conference held in Buenos Aires in 2009, and the second one held in Rio de Janeiro last year. This year, experts, activists and policy makers from Latin America will gather in Mexico to meet the following objectives:
- To favour an informed social debate in order to promote non-punitive drug policies based on scientific evidence, to efficiently respond to the diverse drug related problems.
- To generate a regional exchange between scholars, policy makers and civil society representatives with the purpose of updating drug consumption trends, drug related problems, and the policies and interventions developed in the region.
For more information, please visit the conference website.
Keep up-to-date with drug policy developments by subscribing to the IDPC Monthly Alert.
- Transnational & organised crime
- Prisons & incarceration
- Human rights
- Harm reduction
- Development (SDGs +)
- Demand reduction
- Cultivation of crops deemed illicit
- Criminal justice
- Civil society engagement
- Health & harm reduction
- Decriminalisation, legal regulation & reform
- Development & environment
- Violence, policing & punishment
- Human rights and social justice
- Colectivo por Una Politica Integral Hacia las Drogas (CUPIHD)