Last year, thousands of activists in 261 cities of 92 countries joined arms to promote policies and practices that centre solidarity, reduce harm and protect human rights. The 2020 Global Day of Action is all about accelerating momentum for reform. And, to do so, we need each other.
Since the first Global Day of Action, in 2013, the Support. Don’t Punish campaign has seen local partners organise activities in hundreds of cities of over 100 countries around the world. We are united in the recognition that the “war on drugs” is a war on us all and, in particular, those of us experiencing stigma, exclusion and criminalisation.
The deadline for submissions is Monday, 27 April 2020.
Important note on Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
At the moment of drafting, over 150,000 cases of COVID-19 have been detected across the globe. It is impossible to accurately estimate how the pandemic will evolve in the coming weeks and months, but we know it will disproportionately affect many of the populations at the heart of the Support. Don’t Punish campaign. We believe we have a responsibility to do our best to keep ourselves and others healthy. When completing the form, we invite you to consider alternative plans in case the pandemic impedes the realisation of your initially-planned activities.
Please, check the official advice of public authorities in your country. We also invite you to consider the following resources:
- Rolling updates and guidance on coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
By the World Health Organisation
- COVID-19 Harm Reduction for People Who Use Drugs
By the International Network of People who Use Drugs, in collaboration with TalkingDrugs
- COVID-19 Guidance for People Who Use Drugs and Harm Reduction Programs
By the Harm Reduction Coalition
- Submission period: 16 March – 27 April 2020
- Assessment period: 27 April – 4 May 2020
- Notification of support: 8 May 2020
- Expected disbursement period: 8 - 22 May 2020
- 2020 Global Day of Action: 26 June 2020
- Feedback submission period: July - September 2020