Online launch of Drug Decriminalisation [e]Course for activists in the EECA region
(EVENT IN ENGLISH AND RUSSIAN)
On June 2, 2022 at 11:00 am (UTC+3) / 9 am (UK time), #SoS_project 2.0 regional team, the Alliance for Public Health and the International Drug Policy Consortium (IDPC) will present a Russian-language version of a unique online training course on drug decriminalization for activists in the EECA region.
#SoS_project 2.0 regional team has initiated the translation and adaptation of the unique [e]Course into Russian to enhance advocacy and support cutting edge knowledge on humane and effective drug policy partners in Eastern Europe and Central Asia. Note that [e]Course was developed and launched in English and French in 2021 by IDPC in partnership with Mainline, Health[e]Foundation and Frontline AIDS.
IDPC’s Drug decriminalisation [e]Course is a free-to-access online learning course that is open to anyone interested in this important topic. With the launch of the Russian version of the course, activists from the countries of Eastern Europe and Central Asia will have access to cutting-edge knowledge in the field of modern approaches.
- Alexandrina Iovita, The Global Fund,
- Tetiana Deshko, Alliance for Public Health,
- Marie Nougier, IDPC (United Kingdom)
- Ganna Dovbach, EHRA
- Irena Molnar, ReGeneration, Serbia
The [e]Course includes seven modules:
- Introduction, definitions and support for decriminalisation
- Existing models of decriminalisation
- Making the case for decriminalisation
- Designing a decriminalisation model
- Thresholds and defining drug possession for personal use
- Designing decriminalisation: sanctions and intrusiveness
- The ‘gold standard’ for decriminalisation
The presentation will also be streamed live on the Alliance for Public Health, IDPC and #SoS_project 2.0 Facebook pages.
Contact: email@example.com, Inna Gavrylova, PR & Communications Manager, Alliance for Public Health.
- Alliance for Public Health
- International Drug Policy Consortium (IDPC)