We have the pleasure to announce the launch of the Global Commission on Drug Policy 2020 report, Enforcement of drug laws: refocusing on organized crime elites.
In this report, former heads of state and other high-level dignitaries explain how decades of repression targeted at nonviolent drug offences resulted in mass incarceration and countless adverse impacts on public health, the rule of law, and social cohesion, whilst reinforcing criminal elites.
- Louise Arbour, former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Helen Clark, former Prime Minister of New Zealand, and former Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme
- Ruth Dreifuss, former President of Switzerland and Chair of the Global Commission on Drug Policy
- Anand Grover, former UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Health
- Juan Manuel Santos, former President of Colombia, Nobel Peace Prize laureate
Moderated by Mark Shaw, Director of the Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime.