At its forty-eighth session, the Statistical Commission discussed the topic of drugs statistics on the basis of a report presented by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) and the National Institute of Statistics and Geography of Mexico (INEGI) (E/CN.3/2017/12). In its decision 48/110 (see E/2017/24, chap.I.C), the Statistical Commission recognized that the Commission on Narcotic Drugs was the United Nations policymaking body with the primary responsibility for drug control matters, and therefore having reviewed and recognized the statistical merits of the road map set out in the report, commended it for the consideration of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs to ensure harmonization with the policy directions of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs, and in this regard encouraged collaboration between the Statistical Commission and the Commission on Narcotic Drugs.
- 3rd Hepatitis Community Summit
- 42nd session of the Human Rights Council
- CND Intersessional meeting - Thematic session on the implementation of all international drug policy commitments following up to the 2019 Ministerial Declaration
- 8th Asia Pro Bono Conference and Access to Justice Exchange
- 17th World Day Against the Death Penalty: Children, unseen victims
- 9th Adriatic Drug Addiction Treatment Conference and 18th SEEA Symposium on Addictive Behaviours
- Drug policy, diplomacy and public health: Negotiating the health dimension of drug policies
- Workshop - Drugs and human rights in Asia: Is there (in)justice?
- International Overdose Awareness Day 2019
- 5th CND intersessional meeting