To mark the launch of Global Prison Trends 2018, the fourth edition in PRI’s annual flagship Global Prison Trends series, PRI will be hosting an Expert Panel and Reception on Tuesday 12 June at Linklaters LLP in London.
This event will offer insights into the most urgent and emerging issues facing criminal justice systems worldwide. Global Prison Trends 2018 will be presented by Olivia Rope, PRI’s Policy and Programme Manager, and copies will be available. The report covers key trends including on prison management and prison populations, filling a gap in analysis in this area.
- Moderator: Alison Hannah, Executive Director, Penal Reform International
- Introductory remarks: Representative of Linklaters LLP
- Global Prison Trends 2018: Olivia Rope, Policy and Programme Manager, Penal Reform International (PRI)
- The rise of drugs and violence in prisons: Marie Nougier, Head of Research and Communications, International Drug Policy Consortium (IDPC)
- The rise of female prison populations: Holly Tuckwood, Legal Fellow, AdvocAid, Sierra Leone
- The rise of life imprisonment: Professor Dirk van Zyl Smit, Professor of Comparative and International Penal Law at the University of Nottingham
Join us for a drinks reception, thanks to the generosity of Linklaters LLP