Drug courts offer court-supervised drug treatment for people who might otherwise be sent to jail or prison. While finding alternatives to jail is an honorable undertaking, are drug courts a fresh approach or just a new version of old, drug war policies?
A diverse panel will discuss what you need to know about drug courts and how they are being promoted as a best practice around the world.
- Rick Jones, Neighborhood Defender Service of Harlem
- Jim Parsons, Vera Institute of Justice
- Elaine Pawlowski, mother and retired educator
- Jason Cherkis, investigative reporter, Huffington Post
- Denise Tomasini-Joshi, (moderator) Open Society Foundations
Keep up-to-date with drug policy developments by subscribing to the IDPC Monthly Alert.