Today is the official launch of the call for applications to form part of the Working Committees of the Washington DC YouthForce. As you may know, The Washington DC YouthForce 2012 is a coalition of International and community based organizations: Advocates for Youth, CHOICE for Youth and Sexuality, dance4life, Espolea, Global Youth Coalition on HIV/AIDS, LetsStopAIDS, MSMGF - YRG, Y+ Programme GNP+, Youth Coalition for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, Youth Peer Education Network (Y-PEER) and Youth RISE. These organizations are working together to ensure that youth is meaningfully involved and represented at the XIX International AIDS Conference (IAC) AIDS 2012.
To realize its objectives and better represent the voices of all young people, the Washington DC YouthForce is seeking members to join the 4 different organizing committees:
- Advocacy and Media
- Youth Pavilion and Reception
- Main Conference
The Washington DC YouthForce is co-chaired by members of youth organizations, civil society or networks and/or core partner organizations. Committee Co-Chairs will review applications and select the top 10 to 12 candidates for each committee.
Although efforts will be made to provide assistance to committee members to find funding to attend the Conference, we cannot guarantee funding and have no input into the IAS scholarship decision process. Committee Co-Chairs reserve the right to replace committee members who do not contribute according to the agreed upon work plan and timeline for delivery, after discussing the situation with them privately and in advance of taking any decisions.
- Fluency in English absolutely necessary;
- Frequent Internet access;
- Ability to attend monthly teleconference calls from March 2012 to May 2012 and weekly calls from June 2012 onwards;
- Commitment to a rights-based approach (including evidence-based information and services, condoms, sexual and reproductive rights, harm reduction, etc.);
- Skills and/or organizational capacity that is relevant to the Committee you are applying for;
- Permission from the organization you work with to contribute your time (approx. 2-3 hours/ week) on a voluntary basis;
- Motivation, pro-activeness, flexibility, reliability and a good sense of humor!
Young People Living with HIV and young people from key populations affected by HIV are strongly encouraged to apply and get involved in the Washington DC YouthForce.
How to apply?
- Go to http://bit.ly/z3yqFV
- Fill out the application
- Upload your CV by clicking the “Upload” button. You will receive a confirmation message.
The deadline to submit the application form is the 12th of March 2012 .
Read more about the Call for Applications here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/83193847
Keep up-to-date with drug policy developments by subscribing to the IDPC Monthly Alert.