During the negotiations on the EU resolution in view of CND 2010, the Italian government tried to challenge the European wide position on Harm Reduction. This fact has raised a harsh debate between the Italian Drug Policy Department and a group of Italian NGOs. The controversy was reported in the Italian national paper Il Manifesto (article by Salvina Rissa), and Italian NGOs released a statement, available below.
- UNAIDS welcomes the appointment of Winnie Byanyima as its new Executive Director
- Chemsex and the City
- Secretary-General appoints Jan Beagle of New Zealand Special Adviser on system-wide implementation of Chief Executive Board decisions
- Stop and search is discriminatory, so why is it on the rise?
- Japan’s conservative attitude to cannabis is softening
- Watch: #NonExistentWeExist—Inside Russian HIV Activism
- Eradication vs. legal coca: Colombia and Bolivia’s disparate drug policies
- With record meth busts and thriving transnational crime, has South-East Asia's 'war on drugs' failed?
- Africa is going through an opioid crisis, but it's not what you think