We identify the following 5 key strategic interventions.
- Increase access to health, harm reduction and voluntary drug treatment for people using drugs
- End the criminalisation of drug users and small-scale farmers
- Refocus law enforcement efforts on violent organised crime and large-scale drug production and trafficking
- Promote development projects in opium growing areas
- Include civil society and affected communities in policy reform
Keep up-to-date with drug policy developments by subscribing to the IDPC Monthly Alert.