We are pleased to offer an internship position to support IDPC's development of its law enforcement project.
Purpose To support the IDPC law enforcement project for a minimum period of three months, but preferably for a period of six months (part time). To contribute to the smooth running of the work of the IDPC Secretariat.
Location Release office – London, United Kingdom
- To set up a library of resources on law enforcement policy and practice
- To contribute to the drafting of briefing papers developed as part of the Law Enforcement project.
- To develop and maintain an email network of law enforcement managers who are supportive of IDPC’s Law Enforcement project.
- To supply this network with regular updates on the Law Enforcement project, and other relevant areas of IDPC work.
- To liaise with selected members of this network to encourage them to implement the Law Enforcement project in their country, and to gather examples of good practice.
- To support the organisation of visits, meetings and speaking engagements for the IDPC lead for the Law Enforcement project.
- To provide regular updates on Law Enforcement issues as requested, for the IDPC members update, IDPC newsletter, etc.
Other duties as required.
- Awareness of current drug policy debates, and understanding of issues surrounding drug law enforcement.
- Knowledge/experience of drug policy and human rights.
- Excellent spoken and written English, and ability to produce written material in a clear and coherent manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Excellent IT skills, including a strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel), as well as working with databases and the Internet.
- Good organisation skills.
- Willingness to undertake routine administrative work.
- Ability to multi-task between various projects.
- Speaking other languages (especially Italian, French, Portuguese, Russian or Spanish) is an advantage.
IDPC unfortunately does not have the capacity to offer a paid internship, but any lunch and travel expenses incurred by the intern during his/her working days at IDPC will be reimbursed.
Please send a CV and cover letter to Marie Nougier (firstname.lastname@example.org) before June, 18th by 5:00pm (UK time).
- International Drug Policy Consortium (IDPC)