Tailoring vaccination campaigns and COVID-19 services for people who use drugs
WHEN?: 25 July 2022 / 11:00 to 13:30 (GMT+1)
This webinar will held in English
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Harm Reduction International, and Vocal Kenya invite you to a regional webinar on the new Harm Reduction, COVID-19 and Vaccines Technical Guidance.
COVID-19 exposed just how important harm reduction services are for people who use drugs. These services (in particular, peer-led services) provide not only life-saving harm reduction commodities and care, but also COVID-19 prevention and support, and essential human and social connections.
The objective of the webinar is to disseminate the new technical guidance, which is intended to build capacity to:
- advocate for the provision of COVID-19 vaccines to people who use drugs, without discrimination.
- facilitate off-site clinic or integrated provision of COVID-19 vaccines at harm reduction services (as feasible in the local context).
- share information and conduct COVID-19 vaccine outreach among the harm reduction services clients.
- Harm Reduction International (HRI)
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
- VOCAL Kenya