Online event co-sponsored by the UN Office of Drugs and Crime (UNODC), the Vienna NGO Committee on Drugs (VNGOC) and the International Association for Hospice and Palliative Care (IAHPC). Chairs of the Lancet Commission on Pain and Palliative Care and the Stanford-Lancet Commission on the North American Opioid Crisis will present the main findings of their reports, followed by a discussion on the way forward with civil society experts and representatives of the International Narcotics Control Board, the World Health Organization, and UNODC.
Date and time: Friday, April 29th at 3PM CEST (Vienna time).
Event platform: Zoom.
Interpretation: Simultaneous interpretation in French, Russian and Spanish will be available.
The event is jointly organized by UNODC Civil Society Unit (CSU) and the Laboratory and Scientific Section in cooperation with the Vienna NGO Committee on Drugs (VNGOC) and the International Association for Hospice and Palliative Care (IAHPC).
Interpretation in French, Russian and Spanish will be available.
The event will be moderated by H.E. Ghislain d’Hoop, Ambassador of the Kingdom of Belgium and Chair of the 65th session of the Commission of Narcotic Drugs (CND) and Ms Mirella Dummar Frahi, Chief of the UNODC Civil Society Unit will give opening remarks.
The panelists are:
- Dr Felicia Knaul, Chair, Lancet Commission on Pain and Palliative Care
- Dr Keith Humphreys, Chair, Stanford-Lancet Commission on the North American Opioid Crisis
- Dr M.R Rajagopal, Pallium India
- Ms Maria Goretti Ane, Lawyer, IDPC consultant and expert member of the framers of the model drug law for West Africa
- Mr Justice Tettey, Chief, Laboratory and Scientific Section, UNODC
- Dr Gilles Forte, Head, Special Projects, Access to Medicines and Health Products, WHO
- Mark Colhoun, Secretary, International Narcotic Control Board (INCB)