The West Africa Drug Policy Network (WADPN) is inviting you to participate in their first-ever regional online harm reduction conference on “the state of harm reduction and effective drug control response in West Africa” which is scheduled for Thursday 1st July 2021 at 11:00 am (Accra time) on the WADPN Zoom platform.
Harm reduction is fundamental to WADPN’s evidence-based drug policy reform advocacy in the sub-region. Despite evidence of its effectiveness, harm reduction remains largely despised by many countries save a few. The conference, therefore, seeks to explore the benefits of harm reduction as an effective alternative to criminalization and incarceration for minor nonviolent drug offenses, particularly problematic drug use.
- Colleen Daniels - Deputy Director & Public Health Lead, HRI
- Busayo O. Morakinyo - Director, Community Engagement, Follow the Money
- Oumar Ba - President, Association Sauver Ma Santé, Mbour Hospital
- Prince Bull-Luseni - Executive Director, West Africa Drug Policy Network, WADPN
- Evanno Jerome - Founding Member, Paroles Autour de la Santé, Ivory Coast & Mali