This webinar is for specialist doctors involved in the treatment of hepatitis C (hepatologists, infectious disease specialists, doctors, other specialties who are eligible to deal with the treatment of hepatitis C); medical specialists working with people who use drugs (narcologists, doctors of various specialties who work in the penitentiary system) from the countries of Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
The webinar is for clinicians treating patients with hepatitis C (eg hepatologists and infectious disease specialists) and clinicians working with people who inject drugs (eg addiction specialist, narcologists and prison doctors) on the situation with hepatitis C among people who inject drugs, including barriers in access to treatment and care in EECA;
- Prof. Mojca Matičič, Specialist of infectious diseases and internal medicine. University Medical Centre Ljubljana and Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. Member of EASL PPHC
- Dr. Antons Mozalevskis, medical officer, regional focal point for hepatitis. World Health Organization Regional Office for Europe
- Maia Butsashvili, MD, PhD, Director of the Health Research Union, Georgia
- Sergey Biriyukov, Director of the AGEP'C", Almaty. Kazakhstan.
- Ganna Dovbakh, Executive Director of the Eurasian Harm Reduction Association
• provide up-to-date information on the hepatitis C situation among people who inject drugs, including barriers to access to treatment and care);
• present the latest WHO and EASL recommendations, including the EASL policy statement on drug use in the context of the global goal of eliminating hepatitis C;
• Share best practices for responding to hepatitis C among people who inject drugs in Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
Language: English and Russian with simultaneous translation.