How does decarceration support ending the drug war? How do both decarceration and the decriminalization of drugs support the health and safety of people who use drugs?
Join the justice reform and drug policy community for the launch of our COVID-19 and drug policy conference series as we discuss what has shifted in the policy landscape amidst COVID-19. We'll discuss how we can sustain progress, which obstacles still remain, and how we can use this current moment to be more aspirational with our policy agendas.
Moderator: Kassandra Frederique, Drug Policy Alliance
- Rose Cahn, Immigrant Legal Resource Center
- Andrea James, National Council for Incarcerated and Formerly Incarcerated Women and Girls
- David Menschel, Vital Projects Fund
- Robert Suarez, VOCAL-NY and Urban Survivors Union
- Peter Wagner, Prison Policy Initiative
Mark your calendar for more in this online discussion series. Follow @DrugPolicyOrg for details.
- Reentry: May 20 from 2pm – 4pm ET
- Treatment: June 11 from 2pm – 4pm ET
- Health and harm reduction: June 25 from 2pm – 4pm ET
- Informal and gig economies: July 9 from 2pm – 4pm ET
- Safe supply and legal regulation: July 23 from 2pm – 4pm ET
- Drug policing and surveillance: August 6 from 2pm – 4pm ET