Lisbon Addictions 2019, the third European Conference on Addictive Behaviours and Dependencies, is a multidisciplinary conference that provides a forum for networking across the addictions.
Following the renewed success of the conference initiative, the organisers have decided to launch Lisbon Addictions 2019 (#LxAddictions19), which will take place in the Lisbon Congress Centre from 23–25 October 2019.
Once again, the event will be jointly organised by the Portuguese General Directorate for Intervention on Addictive Behaviours and Dependencies (SICAD), the journal Addiction/Society for the Study of Addiction, the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA)and the International Society of Addiction Journal Editors (ISAJE).
The overarching theme for 2019 is 'The future of addictions: new frontiers for policy, practice and science'. The conference will therefore showcase cutting-edge research to help characterise, understand and respond to addiction and addictive behaviours
#LxAddictions19 will provide opportunities for early-stage reseachers to enhance their careers. The Programme and Organising Committees have therefore planned to hold dedicated showcase sessions, developed a new concept for poster sessions and will further promote networking activities and mentoring to meet the needs of these participants.
- 23 October 2018: Registration and call for abstracts open
- 31 January 2019: Deadline for abstracts
- 28 February 2019: Deadline for early-bird registration fee (EUR 400)
- 31 May 2019: Notification to authors
- 29 June 2019: Deadline for late-breaking abstracts
- 30 June 2019: Deadline for regular registration (EUR 500)
- 1 July–25 October 2019: Late registration (online and on-site – EUR 600)