The 4th CND Intersessional Meeting for the 61st session will be held from October 22nd-25th in Board Room D.
The meeting will have thematic focuses on supply reduction, drug trafficking, and alternative development & international cooperation.
For each thematic segment 4-5 NGOs will have the possibility to present their work and positioning. In order to ensure an inclusive, comprehensive and meaningful civil society participation NGOs will work through the Civil Society Task Force (CSTF) to coordinate contributions.
Each speaker will have 5 minutes to present his or her work on the thematic focus of the day (see official work plan for details):
- 22 October 2018: Supply reduction and related measures, including:
- Reducing the illicit supply of drugs;
- Effective law enforcement and responses to drug-related crime;
- Countering money-laundering and promoting judicial cooperation;
- Eliminating or reducing significantly and measurably the illicit cultivation of opium poppy, coca bush and cannabis plant;
- Eliminating or reducing significantly and measurably the illicit production, manufacture, marketing and distribution of, and trafficking in, psychotropic substances, including synthetic drugs
- Eliminating or reducing significantly and measurably money-laundering related to illicit drugs
- 23 October 2018: Cross-cutting issues in addressing and countering the world drug problem: evolving reality, trends and existing circumstances, emerging and persistent challenges and threats, including new psychoactive substances, in conformity with the three international drug control conventions and other relevant international instruments
- 24 October 2018: Alternative development; regional, interregional and international cooperation on development-oriented balanced drug control policy; addressing socioeconomic issues;
- International cooperation on eradicating the illicit cultivation of cropsused for the production of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances and on alternative development;
- Crop control strategies, including inter alia: alternative development and, where appropriate preventive alternative development programmes; eradication; law enforcement measures
In order to apply for a speaking slot, please fill out the application form by 26 September 2018, 11: 55 p.m. (CEST, Vienna local time). The speaker selection will follow the CSTF guidelines and selected candidates will be notified as soon as possible but no later than 29 August 2018.
Selected speakers will be asked to send in their statements or videos incl. transcripts no later than 11 September 2018. Interpretation in official UN languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish) will be available at the meetings but all abstracts have to be submitted in English.