The first Regional Eastern Africa Harm Reduction Conference (1st REAHRC) will be 2017 largest regional harm reduction event. It will bring together all those at the heart of HR in the Region.
For three days there will be presentations, workshops, panel discussions, community village networking events and many more.
Being the first of its Kind in the region, the Conference in being hosted by KNCO and Partners at the Kenya School of Monetary Studies. East Africa is beginning to wake up to a forward looking approach in Harm reduction and rug policies, the progress is slow, inresponse the REAHRC will help build a movement that will learn, share and benefit form policies based on human rights and dignity.
- To share knowledge and experience in Harm reduction
- Inter-sectorial debate to define the value of harm reduction policies in the region and Africa
- To share different strategies in harm reduction programing
- Creation of action plans to follow-up on outcomes of the conference and reinforcepartnerships
- To mainstream harm reduction discussion among policy makers and institutions
- A high-level statement from the Ministries Represented
- Following-up action plans on Harm reduction programming in the Countries represented
- Partnership for following-up initiatives
- Regional partnership and networking for harm reduction advocacy