The first two International Conferences on Behaviour Addictions (ICBA) were attended by close to 300 people which reflects the keen interest in the area of behavioral addictions. The third conference on the subject aims to provide a venue for face-to-face encounters, as well as a forum for scientific information exchange, will be of great value. The conference will appeal to research scientists, clinicians, social workers, health service managers and others.
This conference is a unique opportunity to:
- Share scientific knowledge on behavioral (non-substance) addictions.
- Enhance your knowledge and awareness on the common and less common behavioral addictions from a multi-disciplinary point of view, and explore novel forms of intervention and prevention models.
- Gain a better understanding of different approaches of non-substance addictions, research reports focusing on the addictive patterns of various behaviors, especially disorders of the impulsive-compulsive spectrum, such as:
gambling / internet / computer and video games / online gaming / pyromania / kleptomania / intermittent explosive disorder /trichotillomania / onychophagia / skin picking / compulsive buying / sexual behavior / compulsive hoarding / exercise dependence / obsessive-compulsive disorder / eating disorders / body dysmorphic disorder / muscle dysmorphic disorder / hypochondriasis / other excessive behaviors or non-substance addiction disorders / behavioral addictions in children/adolescents
- Coverage ranges from genetic and neurobiological research through psychological and clinical psychiatric approaches to epidemiological, sociological and anthropological aspects.
- Meet experts and facilitate the development of new international networks and collaborations.
Keep up-to-date with drug policy developments by subscribing to the IDPC Monthly Alert.