On 1st December 2015, join the global movement to Fast-Track the AIDS response. We have what it takes to break the AIDS epidemic.
Already 15 million people are accessing life-saving HIV treatment. New HIV infections have been reduced by 35% since 2000 and AIDS-related deaths have been reduced by 42% since the peak in 2004.
We are on the Fast-Track to end AIDS. To end the AIDS epidemic by 2030 as part of the Sustainable Development Goals will require investment, commitment and innovation to be accelerated.
The Fast-Track approach:
- Front-loads investments.
- Focuses on the locations, populations and programmes that deliver the greatest impact.
- Catalyses innovation for people who need it most.
- Engages local leadership for targeted, sustained and accountable responses.
- Creates new partnerships.
- Stands firm on human rights.
- Delivers results that leave no one behind.
Fast-Track will change the lives of millions of people around the world. We have a fragile window of opportunity—just five short years to break the epidemic.
Keep up-to-date with drug policy developments by subscribing to the IDPC Monthly Alert.