Hosted by Contemporary Drug Problems, the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (Lisbon, Portugal), the National Drug Research Institute (Curtin University, Australia), the Centre for Alcohol and Drug Research (Aarhus University, Denmark), the Centre for Population Health (Burnet Institute, Australia), and the Department of Science and Technology Studies (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA), this conference will bring together leading international researchers in drug use and addiction studies from a range of research disciplines and methods — both qualitative and quantitative.
- Possible themes include but are not limited to:
- Changing meanings, definitions and measures of alcohol and other drug events
- The gendering of alcohol and other drug use
- Alcohol and other drug use amongst young people
- Thinking policy via the event or encounter
- The multiple relationships between alcohol and other drug use and health and social phenomena
- Emerging drugs and the internet
- Alcohol and other drug use in film, news and other media
- Recovery and other treatment models and practices
- Pedagogies of alcohol and other drugs in universities and schools
- Alcohol and other drugs in urban cultures and spaces
- Subjects and practices of harm reduction
- Methods in the alcohol and other drug use field.
The deadline for abstract submission is 16 March, 2015.
Keep up-to-date with drug policy developments by subscribing to the IDPC Monthly Alert.