This workshop, organised at the margins of the International Drug Policy Conference, will help prepare reform organizations for the United Nations General Assembly Special Session on Drugs to be held in New York in 2016, and will aim to do the following:
- Provide an overview of the international drug treaties and the UN drug control system;
- Discuss progress made by civil society in recent years at the UN;
- Consider ways in which the reform community can maximize its influence on drug policy and engage with their own government officials and the UN in preparation for the UNGASS.
- Allan Clear – Harm Reduction Coalition
- Heather Haase – Harm Reduction Coalition / IDPC
- Ann Fordham – IDPC
The event will be held at Governor’s Square 16, Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, 1550 Court Place, Denver.
For more information, please read the flyer below.
Keep up-to-date with drug policy developments by subscribing to the IDPC Monthly Alert.