In March, the Commission on Narcotic Drugs (CND) will gather in Vienna, to discuss the international drug situation and the implementation of the UN drug control conventions. This webpage will be updated regularly to provide updates on the meeting.
Agenda and official documents
- Click here to download the agenda of the CND.
- Click here to download official CND reports, conference room papers, udpates on side events and information for participants.
- Click here to access CND resolutions.
- Click here for information on NGO participation in CND round table discussions.
- Click here to access the CND Secretariat note on the role of civil society in addressing the world drug problem.
IDPC Side Events
As in previous years, IDPC is planning on organising a series of side events:
- CND orientation briefing: Sunday 11th March, 18:00-19:00 (Mercury Westbahnhof)
- IDPC Cocktail Reception: Sunday 11th March, 19:00-onwards (Mercury Westbahnhof)
- The Global Commission on Drug Policy - Recommendations on the global drug control framework: Monday 12th March, 13:00-14:00 (Mozart Room, VIC Restaurant)
- IDPC Drug Policy Guide - Launch of the 2nd Edition: Wednesday 14th March, 9:00-10:00 (Room M7, M Building, VIC)
- The Latin American agenda for drug policy reform (WOLA/IDPC/TNI Event): Thursday 15th March, 13:15-14:45 (Mozart Room, VIC Restaurant)
- IDPC NGO Guide on the 55th Session of the CND - Provides information on the CND programme and resolutions, practical information on the CND and civil society involvement in the debates, and details on IDPC activities.
- Briefing for NGOs and CSOs from the Vienna NGO Committee on Drugs (VNGOC)
There is an NGO lounge where NGOs can meet and work together. This lounge is equipped with a PC, internet connection, Wi-Fi, and a projector for PowerPoint presentations. Every morning at 9:00, the VGNOC will hold an NGO briefing meeting, where information will be provided about the day’s events and NGO activities can be coordinated. This is a useful way to catch up on the latest news and plans for the day. The VNGOC will also make available a list to coordinate the involvement of NGO participants wishing to speak at the Plenary.
IDPC published a Media Information Resource Pack last year. The pack provides information and background resources on key issues related to the UN drug control system.