In order to increase understanding, support and advocacy for OST among all relevant stakeholders, the Ministry of Public Health proposes to organize a one day awareness workshop on Opioid Substitution Therapy on September 14th 2011 in Kabul.
The specific objectives of this conference are:
- To update participants on the current situation with regards to HIV/AIDS and drug use in Afghanistan
- To explain what is OST, to present its objectives, functioning and impact
- To present the results and the findings of the pilot project after 18 months
- To discuss with participants the National OST Protocol
- To establish an inter ministerial taskforce on OST and plan the next steps
The Ministry of Public Health invites technical stakeholders that are involved in the HIV/AIDS, Harm Reduction, Demand Reduction or Mental health response in Afghanistan to participate to this conference.
International experts in the field of HIV/AIDS and drug dependency will be present at the workshop, in particular Dr. Monica Beg from UNODC HIV/AIDS unit (to be confirmed) and Dr. Alex Wodak, Director of the Alcohol and Drug Service at St Vincent’s Hospital, Australia.
For futher information, please read the pdf-file below.
Keep up-to-date with drug policy developments by subscribing to the IDPC Monthly Alert.