The International Drug Policy Consortium (IDPC) is delighted to announce that it is recruiting a consultant to conduct a comprehensive donor scoping exercise with a view to identifying and securing new funding streams for the medium and longer term in support of IDPC’s theory of change and strategic plan (a new plan will be developed in 2019 with the IDPC network for the 2020-2023 period). Specifically, the consultant will lead the donor mapping process with a view to:
- Identify new potential donors whose priorities align with IDPC’s objectives, providing contact names or suggested grant application avenues.
- Identify new potential donors who could be influenced to consider supporting the work of IDPC, providing contact names or suggested grant application avenues.
- Produce a fundraising and donor engagement strategy for IDPC for the coming 5 to 10 years.
- To lead on a comprehensive donor scoping exercise that explores opportunities among IDPC’s traditional donor base as well as opportunities from less traditional sources – such as corporations and potential high net worth individuals. This should include a detailed analysis of donor architecture (looking at both national, regional and global levels) and an identification of priority issues mapped against IDPC’s strategic priorities and theory of change. Opportunities to influence donor priorities should also be identified.
- To produce a report detailing the results of the donor scoping exercise.
- To develop a fundraising and donor engagement strategy for IDPC for the coming 5 to 10 year period.
It is expected that the work will start in mid-February 2019, with Tasks 1 and 2 completed by mid-March 2019 followed by a discussion with the IDPC Executive Director to review results before the completion of Task 3 which would then be completed by mid-April 2019.
How to apply:
IDPC seeks ‘expressions of interest’ from consultants with the skills, experience and ability to support this work as outlined in this ToR. It is anticipated that the work will take approximately 20 days in total. Please send a short expression of interest that details relevant skills and experience for the task, expected remuneration as well as a confirmation of availability to complete the work as per the timeline detailed. Please send your expression of interest to Ann Fordham (firstname.lastname@example.org)by no later than Thursday, 31January 2019.
For more information, please read the Terms of Reference below.