Objective of Report
In 2019, UN member states will evaluate progress made against targets and commitments set in the 2009 ‘Political Declaration and Plan of Action on International Cooperation towards an Integrated and Balanced Strategy to Counter the World Drug Problem’. The International Drug Policy Consortium is preparing a global shadow report that unpacks and evaluates progress over the past decade and identifies a possible approach for measuring success in drug control, based on the UNGASS Outcome Document and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
A supplement to the global shadow report will be drafted with a focus on Asia that will evaluate progress by countries in the region over the same period, based on regional commitments made in relation to drug control and HIV (including in Southeast Asia and South Asia), in addition to the 2009 Political Declaration and Plan of Action, UNGASS Outcome Document and the SDGs.
Outline and Timeline of Deliverables
- Consultant writer identified: 28 September 2018
- Concept Outline of Asia Shadow Report finalised after consultations with multiple stakeholders: 12 October 2018
- First Draft of Report submitted: 2 November 2018
- Final Draft of Report, incorporating feedback received from consultations with multiple stakeholders, submitted: 7 December 2018
- Publication of Report: 28 January 2019
USD8000 (USD400 per day @ 20 days) with 40% paid up-front and the remainder upon completion of the final draft of the Report.
To apply for this consultancy, please send an expression of interest to Ms. Gloria Lai, Regional Director: Asia, International Drug Policy Consortium (e-mail: email@example.com), enclosing your CV and two relevant publications that you have authored, by Friday 21 September 2018.