IDPC is delighted to offer a new volunteering position (unpaid). The Communications Volunteer will enhance IDPC’s visibility by supporting a comprehensive communication strategy, and contribute to the smooth running of the work of the IDPC Secretariat by providing administrative and research support.
- To keep the IDPC website up to date with the latest news on IDPC and international drug policy developments, in several languages;
- To update the IDPC Facebook, Twitter and Google + pages with timely news
- To assist in creating the IDPC Monthly Alert in three languages
- To assist in identifying marketing strategies to reach out to a wider audience (media, universities, think-tanks, etc.);
- To update IDPC’s contacts database;
- Other duties as required.
Research and publications
- To ensure the efficient dissemination of IDPC publications through social media, SSRN and daily newsletters (including Daily Dose and DS Daily);
- To provide research assistance as required by the Secretariat.
- Awareness of, and interest in, global drug policy debates;
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook and Twitter functioning;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Excellent spoken and written Spanish;
- Good knowledge of an additional language is an asset, especially French, Russian, Italian or Portuguese.
- Excellent IT skills, including a strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel), as well as working with databases and the Internet;
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Excellent organisation skills;
- Ability to multi-task between various projects;
The selected candidate will be expected to start volunteering at IDPC at the end of September 2012. The selected candidate will commit to volunteer with us for a minimum of three months.
Please send a CV and cover letter to Marie Nougier (email@example.com) before Monday 17th September 2012, by 5:00 pm (UK time). Interviews will take place on Monday 24th September.
IDPC does not have the capacity to pay its volunteers. However, we will reimburse travel costs and lunch expenses incurred during the volunteer’s working days.
Keep up-to-date with drug policy developments by subscribing to the IDPC Monthly Alert.