This summary of recommendations was prepared by the Secretariat of the UNAIDS Reference Group on HIV and Human Rights after its fifteenth meeting (December 2013). Topics discussed and recommendations made on the following:
- Human rights leadership remains critical in the HIV response,
- Intellectual property access to medicines and human rights,
- HIV testing: the way forward,
- The Treatment Initiative,
- Issues raised by the Lancet-UNAIDS Commission,
- HIV, sex work and human rights,
- Human rights and drug policy in advance of the 2016 UNGASS on drugs,
- Presentation of Reference Group recommendations to Tim Martineau, UNAIDS Chief of Staff, and
- Reference Group interaction with UNAIDS Secretariat staff.
Keep up-to-date with drug policy developments by subscribing to the IDPC Monthly Alert.