The International Narcotics Control Board (INCB) will host the third civil society hearing for the INCB board members on the margins of this years INCB board meeting. The hearing will be on the topic of "The Use of Drugs Among Older Persons" and is planned for May 13, 2020, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Vienna, Austria. Due to the rapidly changing situation in regards to COVID-19 the hearing might be held in another format, postponed or even cancelled.
At the event, up to 12 NGOs will have the possibility to present their work and positioning on the issue of the use of drugs among older persons. The hearing will last two hours. Each speaker will have 7-10 minutes to present their work.
In order to apply, civil societies need to fill out the provided form by 08 April 2020 at 11:55 p.m. (CEST, Vienna local time). The form requires:
- Name of the organisation
- Short description of the organisation
- Name of the representative who will give the presentation
- Gender of the NGO representative
- Short resume of NGO representative
- Title and topic of the presentation
- Method of delivery for the presentation
- Whether you require funding for travel
- Agree to the Code of Conduct
- Confirm that the presentation will be submitted before 05 May 2020 and that it will comply with the title and abstract submitted