The International Narcotics Control Board (INCB) opened its 125th session on 6 May 2019 in Vienna.
On May 8th, 2019, the Board held elections for officers for the coming year, which were as follows:
- Cornelis P. de Joncheere, President
- Wei Hao, First Vice-President
- David T. Johnson, Second Vice-President and Chair of the Standing Committee on Estimates
- H. H. Sevil Atasoy, Rapporteur
- Galina A. Korchagina, Vice-Chair of the Standing Committee on Estimates
- Jagjit Pavadia, Chair of the Committee on Finance and Administration.
IDPC sends its congratulations to the new INCB President. Mr. Cornelis P. de Joncheere.
Mr de Joncheere is a Dutch citizen and has expertise in pharmacy and health sciences. He was previously Director of the Department of Essential Medicines and Health Products at the World Health Organization (2012-2016), where his work included access to controlled medicines and the Expert Committee on Drug Dependence. He has been a member of the INCB since 2017.