As the Olympic Games hit the UK, this well-established conference returns in 2012 with the theme, Going for Gold 2012: Right treatment, right time, right place, which will explore how we can strive with our patients to be winners in achieving the best possible health outcomes.
Building on the success of previous conferences, this long-running event will once again examine the critical role primary care plays in working with drug users, their families and carers.
The conference is the largest event in the UK for GPs, shared care workers, drug users, nurses and other primary care staff, specialists, commissioners and researchers interested in, and involved with the management of drug users in primary care. Delegates will benefit from:
- A high-quality programme put together by leading experts in the field.
- A diverse format of high-profile plenary sessions, smaller workshops and poster presentations, led by the some of the best speakers in the sector. Confirmed speakers so far include: RCGP Chair of Council, Dr Clare Gerada, Professor John Strang of the National Addiction Centre, Professor Jim Orford, a leading academic expert on addiction in the UK and Professor Steve Rollnick, Professor of Clinical Psychology of motivational interviewing fame.
- The chance to network with peers and experts and make useful contacts.
- The opportunity to contribute to and take part in the programme through short papers and poster sessions.
- RCGP accreditation for CPD.
With a change of organisers to the RCGP, we are trialling this year’s conference as a packed one-day programme, providing delegates with the same high-quality content but offering excellent value-for-money and the convenience of just one day away from work at a time when diaries and budgets are being squeezed.
Join us for an informal drinks reception the night before the conference on 10 May, at Cardiff's lively bar & restaurant, Browns. Food will be available to order if you wish to dine, and the bar will be open all evening for ordering drinks. This is not only a good opportunity to network with your peers, but also a wonderful place to socialise due to its warm and enjoyable atmosphere. We will be meeting from 7pm onwards, so please do come along to enjoy a pre-conference informal gathering.
For information on the location and directions, please visit Browns website. Should you wish to join us, please tick the relevant box when registering online. If you have already registered but would like to attend, please contact email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you there!
Keep up-to-date with drug policy developments by subscribing to the IDPC Monthly Alert.