La Comisión de Estupefacientes (CND) auspicia un número de discusiones temáticas sobre la puesta en marcha del documento de resultados de la UNGASS 2016. Más información, en inglés, está disponible abajo.
Suscríbase a las Alertas mensuales del IDPC para recibir información sobre cuestiones relacionadas con políticas sobre drogas.
The Commission on Narcotic Drugs (CND) will host a number of thematic discussions on the implementation of the outcome document of the United Nations General Assembly Special Session (UNGASS) on the world drug problem on 10-11 October and 27-28 October 2016 in Vienna, Austria. NGOs are encouraged to work through the VNGOC to coordinate contributions, in order to ensure an inclusive, comprehensive, balanced and meaningful civil society participation. At this moment in time, the discussion will focus on concrete actions currently taken by various stakeholders at various levels to implement the UNGASS outcome document, rather than on policy prescriptions.
2-4 NGO contributions per UNGASS outcome document chapter can be accommodated. With a view to having an interactive discussion, H.E. Ambassador Pedro Moitinho, CND Facilitator on post-UNGASS 2016, has agreed to call, if possible, for statements by NGOs during the thematic discussions.
In order to apply for a speaking slot, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and no later than 3 October 2016. Given the short time-span available, applications sent in after this deadline will not be considered.
- name of organisation and of representative
- short resume of NGO expert and description of organisation's activities (highlighting expertise related to the chapter under discussion)
- chapter under which intervention will be made. If you wish to apply for several chapters, please indicate your order of preference.
- whether the intervention will be made in person or via video message. NGO representatives who cannot travel to Vienna to participate in the meetings, may submit a pre-recorded video message according to the timeline indicated below. Please note than no funding is available to cover your travel and accommodation to Vienna.
- abstract of intervention (max. 500 words). Please limit your final intervention to max. 3 minutes and focus on what your NGO is doing to implement the UNGASS outcome document, in particular the chapter to which you are contributing.
Please note that there is no interpretation available for these meetings. As such, we encourage contributions in English. Where no English-staff is available, the VNGOC can ask for assistance within its network and/or Google Translate can be used. For video messages, if they are delivered in another language, please make sure subtitles are included. Should you require technical assistance in this regard, please contact the VNGOC.
Timeline for CND intersessional meeting 10-11 October 2016:
- send the above information by midnight on 3 October 2016
- selection of applicants to be conducted on 4 October 2016
- pre-recorded video messages (where applicable) to be shared with VNGOC on 5 October 2016
- list of NGO speakers and video messages to be sent by the VNGOC to the CND Secretariat on 5 October 2016.
A separate call for applications will be sent out for the CND intersessional meeting on 27-28 October 2016.
These meetings will be web cast on the UNODC web site (more info on this, once available). Also, there is the opportunity to submit the statements delivered and others directly related to the implementation of the UNGASS outcome document recommendations for posting on the UNODC web site. The VNGOC will coordinate the posting of the former, while others may be submitted to the CND Secretariat directly.
Keep up-to-date with drug policy developments by subscribing to the IDPC Monthly Alert.