IDPC is delighted to offer a new internship position. The Communications and Fundraising Intern will enhance IDPC’s visibility by supporting a comprehensive communication strategy and research and identify funding opportunities for IDPC; as well as contribute to the smooth running of the work of the IDPC Secretariat through providing administrative and research support.
Location: International Drug Policy Consortium, 5th Floor, 124-128 City Road, London, EC1V 2NJ, United Kingdom
Reports to: IDPC Research and Communications Officer
- To keep the IDPC website and Facebook page up to date with the latest news on IDPC and international drug policy developments;
- To assist in identifying marketing strategies to reach out to a wider audience (media, universities, think-tanks, etc.);
- To develop IDPC’s presence on Twitter;
- To update IDPC’s contacts database;
- To update IDPC’s media contacts list;
- To create a contacts database of main United Nations officials;
- Other duties as required.
- To conduct research online and create a list of potential funding opportunities for IDPC for the coming year;
- To support IDPC in writing letters of intent and applications for possible donors.
Research and publications
- To liaise with daily newsletters (including Daily Dose and DS Daily) to ensure an efficient dissemination of IDPC publications and news;
- To provide research assistance as required by the Secretariat.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook and Twitter functioning;
- Awareness of, and interest in, global drug policy debates;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Excellent IT skills, including a strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel), as well as working with databases and the Internet;
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Good knowledge of at least one of the following languages: Spanish, French, Russian, Italian or Portuguese;
- Excellent organisation skills;
- Ability to multi-task between various projects.
The selected candidate will be expected to start volunteering at IDPC in early November. The intern will commit to work at IDPC for a minimum period of three months.
IDPC does not have the capacity to pay its interns or offer them accommodation. However, we will reimburse any travel costs and lunch expenses incurred during the intern’s working days.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Marie Nougier (firstname.lastname@example.org) before Monday 17th October, by 5:00 pm (UK time).