Since the Andrey Rylkov Foundation (ARF) was founded in 2009, we have been on a mission to achieve Health and Social Justice by promoting and developing humane drug policy based on tolerance, protection of health, dignity and human rights. We owe our inspiration and name to Andrey Rylkov, a Russian harm reduction activist and an outstanding human being, whom we lost in 2006.
Our work is based on the following five strategies:
• Advocating for humane drug policies at the domestic and international levels;
• Defending the rights of people who use drugs, including through strategic litigation;
• Providing direct services to people who use drugs to protect their health and rights (Harm Reduction – Moscow);
• Supporting and building the capacity of the community of people who use drugs;
• Information and education, including the promotion of public debates on drug policy issues through working with mass media and building alliances with social, art and political activist