This article by Jamie Bridge describes some of the issues and problems facing needle exchange services and staff in the UK. An audit of needle exchanges in the UK showed the extent of the "postcode lottery" that exists in terms of service coverage and quality. The article (from Druglink magazine - the bi-monthly publication from DrugScope in the UK) describes what needs to be done in order to take needle exchange into the next era and rise to the challenges of rising HIV and hepatitis C prevalence amongst the country's injecting drug users.
- Drug policy reform- the UNGASS 2016 a catalyst for change?
- Wastewater analysis and drugs: a European multi-city study 2018
- Vienna NGO Comitee on drugs annual report 2017
- The death penalty for drug offenders: global overview 2017
- Drug dependence treatment in Thailand: progress against persistent concerns
- The modernisation of treaty regimes: contrasting cases of international drug control and environmental regulation
- HIV and AIDS among adolescents who use drugs: opportunities for drug policy reform within the sustainable development agenda
- DPNSEE October-December newsletter
- What comes next? Post-UNGASS options for 2019 (Version 5)