This article by Jamie Bridge describes some of the issues and problems facing needle exchange services and staff in the UK. An audit of needle exchanges in the UK showed the extent of the "postcode lottery" that exists in terms of service coverage and quality. The article (from Druglink magazine - the bi-monthly publication from DrugScope in the UK) describes what needs to be done in order to take needle exchange into the next era and rise to the challenges of rising HIV and hepatitis C prevalence amongst the country's injecting drug users.
- Drug policy reform as a critical part of the HIV response: An information note for Global Fund applicants and grant recipients
- Global prison trends 2015
- Why the high level general assembly thematic debate towards the 2016 UNGASS on drugs is important
- Sentencing reform for drug trafficking in England and Wales
- Undermining the global fight: The disconnect between the global fund’s strategy and the real-life implications of the new funding model
- Justifying militarisation; 'Counter-narcotics' and 'counter narco-terrorism'
- Medicinal cannabis: The evidence
- UNDP: Perspectives on the development dimensions of drug control policy
- Does opioid substitution treatment in prisons reduce injecting-related HIV risk behaviours?