This article by Jamie Bridge describes some of the issues and problems facing needle exchange services and staff in the UK. An audit of needle exchanges in the UK showed the extent of the "postcode lottery" that exists in terms of service coverage and quality. The article (from Druglink magazine - the bi-monthly publication from DrugScope in the UK) describes what needs to be done in order to take needle exchange into the next era and rise to the challenges of rising HIV and hepatitis C prevalence amongst the country's injecting drug users.
- The impact of drug policy on Human Rights: The experience in the Americas
- Building on progress: Bolivia consolidates achievements in reducing coca and looks to reform decades-old drug law
- Media workshop on drug policy in West Africa
- The post-2015 drug strategy for ASEAN: Towards a new paradigm in drug policy?
- State of the evidence: Cannabis use and regulation
- Drug policy reform and the reclassification of cannabis in England and Wales: A cautionary tale
- Consolidated guidelines on HIV testing services
- UNODC annual report 2014
- CUT position paper on harm reduction programmes in Mauritius