This article by Jamie Bridge describes some of the issues and problems facing needle exchange services and staff in the UK. An audit of needle exchanges in the UK showed the extent of the "postcode lottery" that exists in terms of service coverage and quality. The article (from Druglink magazine - the bi-monthly publication from DrugScope in the UK) describes what needs to be done in order to take needle exchange into the next era and rise to the challenges of rising HIV and hepatitis C prevalence amongst the country's injecting drug users.
- Safer drug consumption facility and heroin-assisted treatment pilot programme recommendations in Glasgow
- Afghanistan Opium Survey 2016
- Methadone treatment in the Netherlands
- Creating visual differences: Methamphetamine users perceptions of anti-meth campaigns
- Cannabis and cannabis resin: Pre-Review report
- Every 25 seconds: The human toll of criminalising drug use in the United States
- So far, so good: What we know about marijuana legalisation in Colorado, Washington, Alaska, Oregon, and Washington D.C.
- Study on alternatives to coercive sanctions as response to drug law offences and drug-related crimes
- Overview of harm reduction in prisons in seven European countries