On October 10th, the World Coalition will highlight the fact that the application of the death penalty is inextricably linked to poverty. Social and economic inequalities affect access to justice for those who are sentenced to death. Defendants disproportionately lack resources (social and economic, but also political power) to defend themselves and will often be disadvantaged because of their social status.
- Council adopts conclusions on alternatives to coercive sanctions for drug using offenders
- Banning drug offenders from accessing public housing sets 'troubling precedent'
- Call for WHO & UNODC to revise guidelines on International Standards for the Treatment of Drug Use Disorders
- Women and drugs in Myanmar: Beyond harm reduction
- High commissioner's global update of human rights concerns
- Portugal’s largest political party endorses cannabis legalisation
- First supervised inhalation site opens in North America
- Civil society recommends the EU to strengthen drug coordination
- Stop the stigma campaign launched