IDPC is delighted to offer a new volunteering position (unpaid). The Communications Volunteer will enhance IDPC’s visibility by supporting a comprehensive communication strategy, and contribute to the smooth running of the work of the IDPC Secretariat through providing administrative and research support.
Location: International Drug Policy Consortium, 5th Floor, 124-128 City Road, London, EC1V 2NJ, United Kingdom
Reports to: IDPC Research and Communications Officer
- To keep the IDPC website and Facebook page up to date with the latest news on IDPC and international drug policy developments, in several languages;
- To assist in creating the IDPC Monthly Alert in three languages
- To assist in identifying marketing strategies to reach out to a wider audience (media, universities, think-tanks, etc.);
- To update IDPC’s contacts database;
- Other duties as required.
Research and publications
- To liaise with daily newsletters (including Daily Dose, DS Daily and SSRN) to ensure an efficient dissemination of IDPC publications and news;
- To provide research assistance as required by the Secretariat.
- Awareness of, and interest in, global drug policy debates;
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook and Twitter functioning;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Excellent spoken and written Spanish;
- Excellent IT skills, including a strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel), as well as working with databases and the Internet;
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Excellent organisation skills;
- Ability to multi-task between various projects;
- Good knowledge of an additional language is an asset, especially French, Russian, Italian or Portuguese.
IDPC does not have the capacity to pay its volunteers or offer them accommodation. However, we will reimburse any travel costs in London and lunch expenses incurred during the intern’s working days.
Please send a CV and cover letter to Marie Nougier (email@example.com) before Friday 1st June 2012, by 5:00 pm (UK time).
Interviews will take place on 14th and 15th June 2012. The selected candidate will be expected to start volunteering at IDPC in late June, early July.
Keep up-to-date with drug policy developments by subscribing to the IDPC Monthly Alert.