The Program Assistant (P.A.) is responsible for collaboratively researching, writing and editing updates and reports issued by AIN; completing accounting duties; maintaining the AIN website and social media pages; assisting with periodic grant requests and reports; as well as general office management. Previous experience in Bolivia is an asset. This paid position has a minimum one year commitment .
Preferred start date: May 1, 2012.
Please email resumes, cover letters, short writing samples and any questions to Emma Banks (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 19th.
Director, Kathryn Ledebur
- Solve problems and take on new projects to improve the administration of the office.
- Assist E.D. with editing and writing of political analysis updates.
- Handle regular book-keeping duties through Quicken accounting software.
- Manage and maintain financial records (chart of accounts, general ledger, bank statement reconciliation).
- Pay office bills.
- Assist E.D. in writing grant proposals and financial reports to donors.
- Assist E.D. in implementation of development strategies, cultivate new and current donors and manage donor database.
- Office management and administration
- Ensure smooth day-to-day running and presentation of office.
- Manage the purchase and maintenance of office equipment and supplies.
- Manage and oversee all office computer and communication systems.
- Manage and update website, Facebook and Twitter pages, email list.
- Other tasks as assigned by the E.D.
- Excellent writing and editorial skills required as well as the ability to write collaboratively.
- Office management and budget experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and communication skills; willingness to help, follow-through and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and initiative; ability to work in a fast-paced office environment; analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to read Spanish; preferably conversational or more advanced Spanish skills.
- Experience in nonprofit accounting and grant management a plus.
- Strong computer skills required, including experience with Microsoft Excel and Outlook and an ability to quickly learn new programs. Quicken and website development experience preferred.
- A commitment to human rights and socioeconomic justice as well as some knowledge of recent political events in Bolivia.
- Interest and ability to live in Bolivia and commit to working at AIN for a minimum of one year.
- Agreement to work exclusively at AIN during the year. Volunteering at organizations that carry out work unrelated to AINs after office hours is acceptable.
- Agreement to not publish articles or other information independently or through other organizations or publications during the contract period.
Keep up-to-date with drug policy developments by subscribing to the IDPC Monthly Alert.