On the 19th and 20th March, 2010, the Andreas Papandreou Foundation (APF) and IDPC co-hosted the first informal policy dialogue for the South East European region. The dialogue was attended by NGO presentatives and policy makers from Albania, Bulgaria, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia and Greece. Participants shared knowledge and experiences from across the region, identifying common problems and key priorities for drug policy advocacy. A working group was set up to take forward the setting up of a regional network. A report of the meeting will be made available in the coming weeks.
- Illinois lawmakers pass marijuana decriminalization bill
- Let us live and save our loved ones
- ‘No more money for our needles’
- Much ado about nothing? The Global Commission on Drug Policy assessment of UNGASS
- UN general assembly on drugs: the beginning of a change in the drug war paradigm
- What the new Irish government says about drugs
- Will Canada’s ruling on drug sentences set the stage for further reforms?
- Asia's war on drugs
- Scaling up harm reduction in prisons: a role for prison monitors and new tools