On the 19th and 20th March, 2010, the Andreas Papandreou Foundation (APF) and IDPC co-hosted the first informal policy dialogue for the South East European region. The dialogue was attended by NGO presentatives and policy makers from Albania, Bulgaria, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia and Greece. Participants shared knowledge and experiences from across the region, identifying common problems and key priorities for drug policy advocacy. A working group was set up to take forward the setting up of a regional network. A report of the meeting will be made available in the coming weeks.
- Cambodia: Amendments to drug law coming
- Ganja market to take shape starting March
- “Freedom from Pain” film
- Dialogues on High Level Meeting on AIDS key topics
- One in five 'legal highs' contain illegal substances - but nearly half of ecstasy tablets don't have any MDMA
- Plan Colombia's mixed legacy: Coca thrives but peace deal may be on horizon
- 19 - 21 April: Special Session of the General Assembly on the World Drug Problem - Registration is now open
- President Obama seeks $1.1 billion to address heroin and opiate epidemic
- Why are so many black people being convicted of drug dealing in London?