Tom Lloyd and Jan Wiarda held an IDPC Satellite event on ‘A new role for law enforcement’ at the recent meeting of Heads of National Drug Law Enforcement Agencies (HONLEA), Europe in Vienna. Following the success of the satellite, Tom Lloyd was invited to give this statement at the end of the formal plenary. We will include further details of the event in next month’s Alert.
- UNODC call for grant proposals: ''Empowered communities, stronger HIV response''
- Thailand: Department turns to methadone to fight opiate addiction
- Supervised injection facilities: Saving lives, making communities safer
- Call for research proposals: “The impact of drug trafficking, production and consumption on democracy, governance and development"
- Indonesia-South Africa exchange: Paralegal (peer) support
- Harm reduction in Tanzania: a delicate balance
- Training series: Hepatitis C and harm reduction for people who use drugs
- Philippines: Legislators should permanently end consideration of new death penalty proposals
- Peru's Government proposes to legalise medicinal cannabis