Tom Lloyd and Jan Wiarda held an IDPC Satellite event on ‘A new role for law enforcement’ at the recent meeting of Heads of National Drug Law Enforcement Agencies (HONLEA), Europe in Vienna. Following the success of the satellite, Tom Lloyd was invited to give this statement at the end of the formal plenary. We will include further details of the event in next month’s Alert.
- The language doctors and medical journals use to describe dependence has a real effect on patients
- Civil society resolve to defend people who use drugs in Southeast Asia
- Swiss aim to shape international drug policy
- Synthetic cannabinoids are terrifying drugs, but panic will not make them go away
- Some Arab governments are rethinking harsh cannabis laws
- UNODC to send drug policy advisor to work with the Philippine Government
- Mothers and widows on the warpath against Duterte’s ‘drug war’
- Trudeau unveils bill legalising recreational cannabis in Canada
- Webinar: What’s the scoop on fentanyl?