IDPC held a post-CND strategy meeting in the margins of the IHRA conference, where present IDPC members met to reflect on the outcomes of the High Level Meeting in March in Vienna and discuss next steps for international advocacy. IDPC also organised a Major Session at the conference on ‘The UN High Level Segment on Drug Control: Reflections and Implications for International Drug Policy’. The session was chaired by Rebecca Schleifer (Human Rights Watch) and featured presentations from Ann Fordham (IDPC) and Damon Barrett (IHRA). The session included an interactive panel discussion with Pavlo Skala (International HIV/AIDS Alliance - Ukraine) and Mat Southwell (INPUD). A lively debate followed the presentations, including points about re-thinking the strategy of civil society engagement with the UN system on drug control and seeking ways for the harm reduction movement to collaborate with the nascent international movement of growers.
- Nigerian executed in Saudi Arabia, 14 others to follow
- A template to fight addiction
- Drug users find safety, community in underground injection facility
- Iran suspends thousands of drug-related death sentences after years of domestic and international campaigning
- Is the EU drugs strategy helping to curb the harm caused by drugs?
- Medical cannabis makes small steps in EU
- California’s new legal marijuana market marks the beginning of the end for prohibition
- EJAF announces bold new funding initiatives to combat HIV epidemics in Eastern Europe/Central Asia and in the U.S.
- Drugs tested at festivals found to be 'much more potent'